- Competitions are open to anyone writing in English, except current Salem Academy & College employees and students.
- All submissions must be previously unpublished.
- Author’s name and address must appear on a cover page only. If your name appears on your submission, it will be immediately disqualified. This is incredibly important in our CNF category: please carefully proofread your piece to ensure that your name does not appear in your submission.
- Submit: a cover page with your name, address, telephone, email, genre, word count (for prose), and the title(s) of the work(s), and $15 contest fee.
- You may enter the contest as often as you’d like, in as many categories as you’d like. Each submission requires the $15 contest fee, and should be submitted as a separate entry. In other words, do not send two or more entries in one envelope or as one document. Additionally, if you’re interested in the “early bird” reduced entry fee of $10, then submit your entries prior to 31 December 2017.
- Submissions close 15 February 2018 for snail mail & 1 March 2018 for Submittable submissions.
- Winners announced: no later than 1 June 2018 on our webpage.
Submit via Snail Mail
For snail mail submissions, submit: a cover page, 3 (three) copies of your typed entry (poems, cnf, or fiction), check or money order made out to Salem College w/memo line: 2018 ILA. Send a SASE (Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope), and a SASP (Self-Addressed Stamped Postcard), if you’d like notification of winners and confirmation of submission received.
Center for Women Writers
c/o ILA 2018
601 S. Church St
Winston Salem, NC 27101
Submit Online Using Submittable
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Past Award Winners
Check out Past Results.